$ celery control disable_events Error: No nodes replied within time constraint.
inactivist
2012-11-05 15:38:15 UTC
Using control functions doesn't work for me, but I'm not sure if I'm using
them correctly -- or if I'm using the CELERY_BROKER_URL environment
variable correctly. I'm using the Django database scheduler.

Scheduled tasks execute as expected, the whole system works fine, except I
can't perform certain functions with the celery command. celery eventsworks fine - I see lots of tasks running and completing.

celery control enable_events and celery control disable_events don't work
as expected.

I'm using celery 3.0.5 with Redis as my broker on 127.0.0.1:6379, using
database 0.

Environment: Python 2.7.2 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS x86_64

export CELERY_BROKER_URL="redis:///0"
$ celery --version
3.0.5 (Chiastic Slide)
$ echo $CELERY_BROKER_URL
redis:///0
$ celery status
-> myserver: OK

1 node online.
$ celery control disable_events
Error: No nodes replied within time constraint.
$ celery control enable_events
Error: No nodes replied within time constraint.
$ celery inspect scheduled
-> myserver: OK
- empty -

I can see the scheduled tasks in djcelery's admin page, and they are
enabled (and executing as expected.)

Am I using the celery command incorrectly? Or have I misconfigured
something?

I can update celery and django-celery to the latest stable versions on my
next maintenance window, but I wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong,
or this is a known issue...
Ask Solem
2012-11-06 15:49:31 UTC
[...]
I don't remember, but could very well be a bug in your version, please try to update first
--
Ask Solem
twitter.com/asksol | +44 (0)7713357179